Friday, January 21, 2011

Living on Earth

I remember being so young and ambitious, excited to find what life had waiting for me.  I was going to conquer the world.  I so wanted to make a change and a difference in this world.

I was 21 when I transferred to Chico State to finish my studies in Special Education.  I was so full of life and ambitious.  I remember meeting Ron, my future husband.  We had so much fun together, discovering all of our likes and dislikes.  I remember our biggest dilemma was trying to figure out where to go for dinner.  We were both so passionate and excited about our future dreams of our life together.  We had talked about everything, like how many children we wanted, to how much our incomes would be, and what our new home would be like.  We discussed what type of parenting skills to practice, to which church we would make our home church.  Silly us!

We were right on target with our first pregnancy.  I had always had a sense of having a disabled child since I was in the 6th grade.  So Ron and I decided to get started earlier so not to be in our 30's for fear of a higher risk, once we were to have our pre-destined 3rd child.  So at age 25, I delivered a very unhealthy baby who sustained injuries during birth...  He actually did not survive the process.  Years later we discovered that detail, no one bothered asking us what we would choose.

This was the beginning of our long, staggering journey to Mars.

I am finding that it is becoming more populated every day.  I am portraying myself as the "Welcome Wagon lady."

1 comment:

  1. It's funny sometimes how much we think we are in control. We may not understand all we must endure, but everything we need is provided for us... From the church that needs us most, to the children that will touch our lives and help us grow. I love space travel into the unknown!

    ReplyDelete